Thursday, April 22, 2010

Well Done, NCAA

Closing the loop on an earlier post, I’m pleased to report on the NCAA expanding the Men’s Basketball tournament from 65 to . . . 68 teams. Whew! Why expand at all? Gives major conferences more bids, while still allowing a decent number of mid-majors to have a shot (way to represent, Butler).

I’m also thrilled that CBS is locked in to carry the tourney for at least the next 14 years (in a multi-billion-yes, I said billion-dollar deal). Call me sentimental but I always come close to shedding a tear every time I hear that theme music (“do do do do do doooo do doooo. . .” Ahhh).

News of expansion isn’t as prevalent as it would be any other non-NFL Draft night of the year. An initial report from ESPN gives us the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment